Scaramouche Scaramouche

I was on the way to work this morning when I heard Bohemian Rhapsody on the radio. I've loved this song for as long as I can remember, but I haven't actually listened to it in a while. I was so enraptured that I got to work before it was over and sat in the car until it was finished.

It is a brilliantly intricate piece of music that somehow makes sense of the separate parts. Freddie Mercury claimed that the lyrics were just "random rhyming nonsense", but the story of the young murderer is still very touching and can be interpreted many ways. The video has the distinction of being one of the first where visual images took precedence over the song. (As always, I get all my song facts from the best website in the world, Songfacts.)



Of course something this awesome is ripe for pop culture tributes and parodies. The most famous would be the scene in Wayne's World where Wayne, Garth and friends rock out in the Mirthmobile to the song.



Old School Computer Remix:



Performed by 25 of the most annoying voices in music industry:



Weird Al's obligatory polka tribute:



And just because I love Graph Jam:

1 comments:

Samsmama said...

I have entirely too many memories of sitting in the car with my friend and acting it out. We thought we were the only people that did that.

Man, I love me a good graph!